In Western New York you can get out and get active
Spring, summer and fall offer mild weather perfect for outdoor
- Boating and fishing. Located on Lake Erie, at the beginning of
the Niagara River, Buffalo is a mecca for anglers and boaters.
- Canoeing, kayaking and sailing.
- Golfing. Tee up at top-rated courses, here and just across the
- Walking, running, hiking and biking. Get fit and enjoy the
scenery in historic city
parks, on multipurpose suburban paths and at the dazzling Niagara
Gorge. Many state
and provincial parks
are within a short drive.
- Camping. Pitch your tent at any number of private, public or
Western New York’s winter sports scene means there’s
no reason to suffer from cabin fever.
Get out and enjoy:
- Downhill skiing and snowboarding. Discover some of the
Northeast’s best slopes, including Kissing Bridge and Holiday Valley. UB’s Schussmeisters
club offers discounted skiing at area resorts.
- Cross-country skiing. An extensive park system translates to
miles of trails for skiing and snowshoeing.
- Tubing. Experience fast-paced fun at several dedicated tubing
- Sledding and tobogganing. Great sledding is everywhere
Ridge, one of the only U.S. parks with toboggan chutes.