Chair/department identify faculty candidates for promotion & confirmation.
Chair/department identify evaluators.
- 4 external evaluation letters required
Must be of equal rank as the candidate (preferably Professor); ideally several evaluators are from AAU institutions; must be disinterested
- 2 internal evaluation letters required
Same regarding rank; should be from UB or UB-affiliated institution (e.g. RPCI)
- 6-8 external evaluation letters via email
- 4 internal evaluation letters via email
Include attachments: CV, Personal Statement (optional) & Confidentiality Statement
Request biosketch from external evaluators
- collaborator letter(s) if relevant
Chair begins writing the Chair’s letter.
- submits PDF of dossier(s) to Sofia
Upon confirmation that dossier is finalized:
- mails original + 2 copies for each tenure faculty candidate
- mails original + 1 copy for each non-tenure faculty candidate
- include ePTF in PDF and with original dossier only