Managing the tremendous amounts of information across an entity as large and complex as the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences can be a daunting task. Our content management system (CMS) does a great deal of that work for us—and for you.
The school’s websites are deployed across two platforms:
- a new content management system that holds the main school architecture and its pages, the Department of Biochemistry, the Department of Pediatrics, and the PhD Program in Biomedical Sciences
- an older system that holds the “legacy” sites of the school, i.e., all the sites not listed above
We can help you make the migration to the content management system. You’ll need to take two initial steps to qualify for this transition:
- Ensure that your faculty profiles are up to date (by updating the eCV faculty database) and that all faculty have recent, professionally-rendered photos.
- Assign staff who will be on point for calendar entries, your web content and, if you choose, eCV entries for your faculty (some departments provide this for their faculty; others hold faculty responsible for eCV updates).
Our CMS software helps to coordinate a professional, easy-to-navigate online presence across our departments and programs. It gives you a tool to edit and update your content, taking care of design issues for you. This has a number of benefits:
- Websites better meet institutional goals (for example, recruitment).
- Website users, familiar with UB or not, get better access to the information they want.
- Accessibility standards are more easily and more consistently met.
- Your content writers get a powerful tool to review and edit content.
- Websites across the school keep a more consistent look and feel, encouraging readers to stay on our site.
Your content, including images and other data as well as text, can be imported directly into the CMS, so none of your work gets lost.
When you’re ready to make the transition, contact us and we'll get you started.