Department of Pediatrics
Behavioral Medicine; Pediatrics; Public Health and General Preventive Medicine
My current research focuses on epidemiologic analyses and interventions related to obesity. I am particularly interested in the developmental origins of obesity and cardio-metabolic diseases, including maternal diet and lifestyle during pregnancy, placenta, intrauterine growth, epigenetics, and infancy growth. I am also very interested in clinical intervention for pediatric obesity. Below are my ongoing research projects.
1) Obesity trend analysis among young children;
2) Modeling childhood body mass index trajectories;
3) Roles of maternal and fetal DNA methylation in childhood growth and obesity;
4) Etiological subgroups of small-for-gestational-age: differential childhood physical and cognitive development;
5) Components of gestational weight gain: consequences to mothers and offspring;
6) Two-year effectiveness of a pediatric weight management program.