To encourage UB faculty participation
in immersive simulation experiences with student learners
the Behling Simulation Center (BSC) has created a
The first part is online presentation of didactic
content viaUBLearns, which learners are required to review prior to
participating in part two, which is a daylong practice session.
The process is as follows:
1. There are two days per month scheduled for the all-day
required practice session. UB faculty need to attend the entire
day. It is necessary for faculty to access an online scheduling
application and select only one (1) day to come in for
practice facilitating and debriefing. The scheduling site URL has
also been distributed by email to all AHC faculty at UB.
- Minimum number of participants for a daylong session is two (2)
- Maximum number of participants for a daylong session is four
- Once you have selected a day, you will be enrolled in the
UB Learns Sim Essentials online (via UBLearns) didactic
session. This session, also required, is to be completed no later
than one (1) week prior to your scheduled in-person practice
2. After completing the daylong practice session (part 2), you
will be able to conduct immersive simulation experiences
at the Center.
- Your first immersive simulation experience after
completing the Sim Essentials course will be mentored by an
experienced facilitator/debriefer. Typically, this simulation
experience is a four-hour block of time.
- Once the mentor signs off, you are able to
conduct immersive simulation sessions with students
pending yearly evaluations.
- Of additional note: by participating in this process to learn
facilitation and debriefing, you are also required to facilitate
and debrief a total of four 4-hour immersive simulation
sessions per year, starting on your date of completion of the
daylong in-person session.