To encourage UB faculty participation
in immersive simulation experiences with student learners
the Behling Simulation Center (BSC) has created a 2-part
The first part is online presentation of didactic
content viaUBLearns, which learners are required to review prior to
participating in part 2, which is a day-long practice session.
The process is as follows:
1. There are 2 days per month scheduled for the all day required
practice session. UB faculty need to attend the entire day. It is
necessary for faculty to access an online scheduling
application and select only one (1) day to come in for
practice facilitating and debriefing. The scheduling site URL has
also been distributed by email to all AHC faculty at UB.
- Minimum number of participants for a day long session is two
- Maximum number of participants for a day long session is four
- Once you have selected a day you will then be enrolled in
the UB Learns Sim Essentials online (via UBLearns) didactic
session. This session, also required, is to be completed no later
than one (1) week prior to your scheduled in-person practice.
2. After completing the day long practice session (Part
2) you will then able to
conduct immersive simulation experiences at the
- Your first immersive simulation experience after
completing the Sim Essentials course will be mentored by an
experienced facilitator/debriefer. Typically, this simulation
experience is a four (4) hour block of time.
- Once the mentor signs off you are then able to
conduct immersive simulation sessions with students
pending yearly evaluations.
- Of additional note — by participating in this process to
learn facilitation and debriefing you are also required to
facilitate and debrief a total of four (4)
4-hour immersive simulation sessions per year starting on
your date of completion of the day long in-person session.