The UB chapter of the Christian Medical and Dental Associations (CMDA) seeks to encourage, equip and connect health care students and professionals interested in improving patient care through the integration of faith and health.
Through small group dinners, Bible studies, panel discussions, social events and service opportunities, we strive to build a community in which we can share and learn from each other's experiences as well as live life together. Throughout the academic year, we host regular meetings and events, including:
- Life Group - where students can enjoy a free dinner together, support one another and discuss how faith and the Bible relate to the challenges of everyday life as a student. Life Groups are held on a regular basis at the medical school.
- lunchtime and evening events with physicians from the community to share their experiences regarding faith, work, patient care, medical missions, relationships and life
- community service and volunteer opportunities
- international medical missions through global health outreach
- small group discussions on topics such as spirituality in medicine, mental health, addiction medicine, global health, free clinics, caring for refugees and serving others
- research opportunities in the area of spirituality in medicine
- trips to medical missions conferences and other faith and health conferences. Funding is available to enable students and residents to attend these conferences at minimal or no cost.
- social events, including pizza and game night, bowling, indoor rock climbing, etc.
For more information, contact CMDA.email@example.com