Department of Surgery faculty and trainees were represented at the February 2019 Academic Surgical Congress, held in Houston, Texas.
- “Malpractice Litigation and Colorectal Procedures” – Goda Savulionyte, MD, Firrah Saeed, BS, Kenny Oh, MD, JD, and Howard Ross, MD.
- “Maintaining Optimal Outcomes: Resilience in the Midst of a Ransomware Attack” – J. Reinier Narvaez, MD.
- “Survival Benefit of Chest CT over CXR in Trauma” – Jane Zhao, MD, Kabir Jalal, PhD, Jinhee Yu, PhD, and W.A. Guo, MD, PhD, FACS.
- Jane Zhao, MD, and medical student Alexandra Marrone each held ‘quickshot’ presentations.
- Additionally, Zhao organized and moderated a ‘Hot Topic’ session panel.