Students in the Department of
Pharmacology and Toxicology attended and presented at the 2012
Biology meeting in San Diego.
The following are descriptions of the awards they received:
- Bansi Vedia, an undergraduate in the laboratory of Fraser
J. Sim, PhD, won second place for Undergraduate Student Best
Abstract in Behavioral Pharmacology.
- Anthony Hutchinson, PhD, a postdoctoral fellow in the
laboratory of Margarita
Dubocovich, PhD, received third place in the Neuropharmacology
Division’s Postdoctoral Scientist Award Finalists.
- Hutchinson and Ekue B. Adamah-Biassi, a PhD candidate in
Dubocovich’s lab, received FASEB-MARC
Postdoctoral Travel Awards to attend the meeting.
- Loukia Karacosta, a PhD candidate in the laboratory of
M. Edelman, PhD, received an ASPET
Graduate Student Travel Award and an Allen Barnett Graduate
Student Travel Award from the department to attend the
- Jason Ma, an undergraduate in Dubocovich’s lab,
received an ASPET
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Travel Award to
attend the meeting.
Also at the meeting, Dubocovich received an Award
in Excellence in Pharmacology/Toxicology from the Pharmaceutical
Research Manufacturers Association Foundation.