Students in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology attended and presented at the 2012 Experimental Biology meeting in San Diego.
The following are descriptions of the awards they received:
- Bansi Vedia, an undergraduate in the laboratory of Fraser J. Sim, PhD, won second place for Undergraduate Student Best Abstract in Behavioral Pharmacology.
- Anthony Hutchinson, PhD, a postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Margarita Dubocovich, PhD, received third place in the Neuropharmacology Division’s Postdoctoral Scientist Award Finalists.
- Hutchinson and Ekue B. Adamah-Biassi, a PhD candidate in Dubocovich’s lab, received FASEB-MARC Postdoctoral Travel Awards to attend the meeting.
- Loukia Karacosta, a PhD candidate in the laboratory of Arthur M. Edelman, PhD, received an ASPET Graduate Student Travel Award and an Allen Barnett Graduate Student Travel Award from the department to attend the meeting.
- Jason Ma, an undergraduate in Dubocovich’s lab, received an ASPET Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Travel Award to attend the meeting.
Also at the meeting, Dubocovich received an Award in Excellence in Pharmacology/Toxicology from the Pharmaceutical Research Manufacturers Association Foundation.