Responsible for various health care-related business activities utilizing their perspective as a physician. Collaborates with the Department of Medicine CEO and COO, administrators, division chiefs, and physicians to achieve the desired Department of Medicine goals.
Ongoing efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Development of new clinical programs and enhancement of current programs designed to improve patient care, expand patient access to care, and develop plans to initiate new clinical services needed for patients in the community.
- Development of business plans for all new clinical providers per division.
- Development and review of plans for salary adjustments for all providers on an annual basis as well as on an interval basis as needed.
- Development of a systems-based approach for optimizing documentation of care and billing for services provided.
- Development of a systems-based approach for ensuring reimbursement from health care partners for services provided.
- Development of policies as needed for the optimization of patient care and access.
- Coordination of the distribution of GME funds across the departmental divisions.
- Review of the department’s monthly financial statement with the finance team and identifying areas for fiscal improvement.
- Development and implementation of a bonus-compensation plan that measures provider performance and distributes annual bonuses to providers that exceed preset goals.
- Regularly meets with the billing team to discuss and advise on optimal practices.
- Coordinates and monitors Supplemental Income Disclosures on an annual basis.
New challenges constantly arise. This position is designed to develop solutions for whatever additional health care-related business issues require attention across a multitude of sites and settings.