Our department is ranked seventh within the UB medical school for research funding.
We receive support from a diverse funding stream that includes local, state, national and federal sources.
Among others, our funding sources include:
- the National Institutes of Health
- the Department of Health and Human Services
- the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- the American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation
Richard Blondell, MD
- Training Medical Students in Substance Abuse Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT): A National Survey of Family Medicine Clerkship Directors. Richard Blondell (Principal Investigator). Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. 7/1/2014-12/1/2015.
- National Center for Physician Training in Addiction Medicine. Richard Blondell (Principal Investigator). ABAM Foundation. $1,242,149. 11/1/2013-10/1/2016.
Kim Griswold, MD, MPH, RN, FAAFP
David Holmes, MD
Linda Kahn, PhD
- UB Primary Care Research Fellowship Training Program. Linda Kahn (Principal Investigator). Health Resources and Services Administration. $2,000,000. 7/1/2016-6/1/2021.
- Critical Time Intervention: A Person-Centered Approach to Promote Self-Sufficiency in Justice-Involved Individuals. Linda Kahn (Principal Investigator). University at Buffalo, Institute for Person-Centered Care. $7,352. 6/1/2015-5/1/2016.
- Improving Chronic Disease Management with Pieces (ICD Pieces). Linda Kahn (Co-Investigator). NIDDK / NIH. $5,776,993. 7/1/2014-10/1/2016.
Marlon Koenigsberg, PhD
Ranjit Singh, MB BChir MBA
- Collaborative Drug Safety Management with Frail Elders & Caregivers for Successful Aging. Ranjit Singh (Principal Investigator), Scott Monte (Co-Investigator), Bruce Troen (Co-Investigator), Robert Wahler (Co-Investigator). University at Buffalo, Innovative Micro-Programs Accelerating Collaboration in Themes (IMPACT). $35,000. 6/1/2018-6/1/2019.
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, UB Clinical Scholar Program in implementation science to achieve triple aims. Ranjit Singh (Co-Investigator), John Canty, Jr. (Co-Investigator). National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. 9/1/2017-8/1/2022.
- Collaborative Drug Safety Management Capable of Deprescribing Across the Healthcare System. Ranjit Singh (Co-Investigator), Scott Monte (Co-Investigator), Robert Wahler (Principal Investigator). School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Seed Support Program. $10,000. 4/1/2017-3/1/2018.
Andrew Symons, MD, MS
David Thomas, MD
Laurene Tumiel Berhalter, PhD
- Primary care training and enhancement : “The Buffalo Interprofessional Advanced Primary Care Training Program”. Laurene Tumiel Berhalter (Co-Investigator), Roberto Diaz Del Carpio (Co-Investigator), Andrew Symons (Principal Investigator). Health Resources and Services Administration. 6/1/2016-6/1/2021.
- Clinical Translational Science Award (CTSA). Laurene Tumiel Berhalter (Co-Investigator), John Canty, Jr. (Co-Principal Investigator), Margarita Dubocovich (Principal Investigator), Peter Elkin (Co-Investigator), Leonard Epstein (Co-Investigator), Steven Fliesler (Co-Investigator), Alan Hutson (Co-Investigator), Gene Morse (Co-Investigator), Sanjay Sethi (Co-Investigator). National Institutes of Health. $16,000,000. 1/1/2016-1/1/2019.
- Peer-Led Asthma Self-Management for Adolescents PLASMA A Multi-site Study. Laurene Tumiel Berhalter (Co-Investigator). Subaward University of Rochester School of Nursing. 1/1/2014-1/1/2018.
Diana Wilkins, MD
- HRSA Residency Grant Residency Training Model for Expanding PCMH Workforce in Underserved Areas. Diana Wilkins (Principal Investigator). $1,200,000. 9/1/2011-9/1/2016.