We conduct sleep studies and research on all major sleep
disorders and uses sleep research to pursue new knowledge that
improves sleep-wake health.
Our comprehensive sleep studies center, part of our division at
VA Medical Center, includes a six-bed overnight sleep study
unit, as well as resources for home sleep studies and multiple
sleep latency tests.
Our faculty at this center have research interests that
- neurocognitive effects of sleep disorders
- predictive models of sleep apnea
- immunologic aspects of sleep apnea
- the role of inflammation in obstructive sleep apnea
- compliance with continuous positive airway pressure in sleep
- the effect of sleep apnea on postoperative and endoscopy
We recruit patients with sleep disorders from outpatient clinics
at the Buffalo VA Medical Center and our Sleep
& Wellness Center site, a community-based sleep center.