Student Life

Student organizations have several administrative resources available at UB to assist them in reaching their goals. In addition, the Office of Medical Education is eager to assist in other areas when feasible and appropriate.

Room Scheduling

Visit the office of Medical Computing (OMC), Cary 221, or contact via:

Harriman Hall Reservations

Tables and chairs are generally available at no charge as long as you do all of the set-up and break down; plan this time into your reservation. If you plan to serve food in Harriman Hall, you will need to apply for a food permit.


The OME has a fax machine that can be used free-of-charge. Visit the office in 40 BEB.

Club Finances

Under no circumstances is a student group permitted to have a bank account or other account in the group’s name. All financial transactions must be processed through Polity/SubBoard. For any purchases out-of-pocket that you plan to be reimbursed for, be sure to follow Polity’s guidelines and use a tax exemption form. Visit the Polity website for more information.

In addition to money allocated to your group by Polity, you may want to seek additional funds. Here are some ways to tap into other money:

Apply for a grant through SubBoard-1. See your Polity Representative for more details.

If you’re traveling as an officer of your organization for something that will benefit the student body as a whole, you may be eligible for up to $250 in additional funds from the Medical School Parents’ Council. You must submit a written request in advance explaining the nature of the trip, your role, how the student body will benefit, along with an official flier describing the convention or conference. If approved, you will need to submit a conference announcement along with original receipts (and boarding passes, where applicable) to receive reimbursement.