This course-based elective covers nutrition and its relationship to physical activity.
You’ll audit either a nutrition or an exercise science course.
The exercise science course examines:
- nutrition for athletes
- energy systems for different activities
- weight control
- ergogenic aids
- health programs associated with nutritional deficiencies in athletes
The nutrition course covers:
- energy systems in exercise
- nutritional aspects of substrate utilization
- assessment of nutritional needs
- diet modification
- dietary development for weight loss, body composition changes and performance